Sunday, October 25, 2015

Walking And Walkers In Dubai .

No one ever comes back from a walk and says “ I should not done it” . Walking  gives you far more than what you seek .And if you have the time –try to walk with a turtle –the real world literally pauses with you .You can actually slow down time !!
I am  a compulsive walker . I love walking because it makes me feel good .I think ,a walk is a divine blessing from God that sets up the  day or night for me .
I like walking alone .Sangeeta is not a walker –my sister Indu is . When I walk with Sangeeta ,she is always on her cell phone and at a hearing distance –with the result that I am forced and dragged into thinking what she is talking about .My idea of a walk is to soak in the things around me and reflect and get to know myself better .As also the fact that it keeps me fit .
The place where I stay in Dubai is a paradise for walkers .It has beautiful ,secluded ,tree lined walkways around lovely water bodies –one can often see ducks in them and the cats eyeing them for a meal !!.
There aren’t many people who walk on these walkways –unlike Hyde Park or Central Park In Jaipur ( which has millions walking and socializing).I meet a clutch of people everyday and over a period of time we have come to know each other well .
There is Kate from Scotland.A women with a easy smile and short blond hair When we started walking ,  we noticed  that she was pregnant .She used to walk with her husband and two lovely poodles .All of a sudden she dissappered –and surfaced with a lovely baby girl in a pram –Madison !! I have seen Madison grow and now she takes tender steps with Kate .I saw Kate again after my summer holiday –after nearly 2 months .I asked her whether she had  gone for a holiday to Edinburg ,her hometown and she replied in the positive .Her husband patted a small bump on her stomach and said that they were expecting their second child !!
There is  also Patty from Wales (Cardiff). She is amazing .She runs pushing a pram in which is seated her little baby .The baby is not more than 5 months old –and Patty is very  fit –you couldn’t  possibly run with a baby in the pram after just 5 months of delivering her .
Perhaps the most beautiful of the lot is Janice from Copenhagen .She is very Nordic –blue eyes ,and fair hair and stands at 5 ‘ 10” .She has absolutely striking looks .She also walks her dog .One day I talked to her and told her how fond I am of dogs .I tried to impress her by saying “ The more I see dogs ,the less I respect men” . She was quick to retort
“ Yes Samuel Johnson was absolutely right when he wrote that” . Beauty with brains !!
There is a mid 60s man –Sangeeta and me were convinced that he is a German because he normally wore Tshirts with the German colours.He does not seem to want to be friendly with me.He is a  big huge guy with a white French beard .His knees are all strapped up –and by jove ,he walks fast .Many times we tried matching his steps –but had to give up !! He is so very fit and strong  !!
There is a Indian  my good friend from Bijnor - Virender Singh !!.Everytime he meets me he says “ Kain Saheb , come over for a drink after the walk”!! Mr Singh likes his evening drink  .He worked in BHEL Haridwar and knew the Principal of DPS there .He walks his brown Labrador which he has got from Hungary .He has  been convincing me to accompany him and  a group of walkers to Kenya –to climb Mt Kilimanjaro!! I don’t trust my knees –so I always fend him off !!
If I have to walk –I might as well walk around my beautiful locality rather in Kenya  .I would have done that if I was in my 20s !!At my age ,I am wise enough not to take risks and take my body for granted !!A walk around the water bodies with swaying trees is just right for me .It entitles me to my bottle of Corona beer .


No comments:

Post a Comment