Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Visit To The Gurudwara In Dubai .

I went to the magnificent Gurudwara in Dubai (Jebel Ali),some time back with a Principal friend of mine .While bending down to pay my obeisance my Ray Bans must have slipped out of my shirt pocket and fallen off .I was unaware of it .We went down to the "langar" and had a fantastic meal -black daal ,soya aloo ,kheer ,pulao and chappatis .We made our way out towards our car .Suddenly ,Sandhya ,the Principal friend of the family realized that she did not have her Samsung Smartphone .She had obviously left it behind in the Grudwara (i was still unaware of the loss of my Ray Bans !1).We rushed back ,only to be told by a a kind looking sikh gentleman that we should contact the office where things that are found unattended are deposited .We made our way and lo behold the old gentleman asked us " is this your phone " .Of course it was !! We were very relieved .But only for a short time !! I suddenly realized that my Ray Bans were missing !! So we made our way back to the Gurudwara .But this time the old gentleman who spoke in impeccable English told me that no one had come to deposit a pair of goggles ." Why dont you go to the prayer room and ask the sewadars .Sometimes they come back after their duties with things they find .Maybe its with one of them " .I made my way ,and sure enough got my goggles from a sewadar .!! Its amazing that the aam aadmi is so honest -and yet the "khaas aadmi " is so corrupt .The fight against corruption must be relentlessly pursued -and taken to its logical end .!!


Kulbhushan Kain

No comments:

Post a Comment