Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Musings On My Birthday !!

It is my birthday today .Its time to thank God that I have lived as long as I have because I have seen so many young human beings pass away for no apparent reason at all .I also thank my parents for bringing me into the world –I wonder who I would be if I was not born to them .I wish they had not left the world so fast –a very important motivating factor  to excel is  that your parents feel proud of you  .I wonder what I could have achieved if they were alive .I thank Sangeeta for coming into my life and making me more responsible and more magnanimous –I started to live for someone else rather than only for myself .I thank my son for making me aware that even if I die –he will carry a bit of me and pass it on to his children .I will live eternally because of him to whom I have passed my genes .I thank all my friends .I am quite sure that most of the things they say about me are true –why would they compliment me otherwise ?They have never asked me for any favours and in anycase they are now the givers and not takers .They make me feel like a celebrity .I feel most frustrated on my birthday because so many wish me and I cant wish them back individually .Infact some of them started wishing me 3 days in advance .One of them wrote “Happy birthday Mr Kain .Wishing you in advance because  I know you may not notice my best wishes on the 4th –you will get so many greetings”!!She got it wrong –I read each and every message and I remember each and every one of you !.

Over the years I have mellowed down .Its a better way of saying that I have aged .There are undeniable signs of aging –the capacity to chase down squash balls and the capacity to drink and get up feeling fine have evaporated .One has started to absorb more intensely what the world has to offer in its numerous differences –people ,geography ,food ,dress and emotions .One tends to love and get attracted by the beauty of the mind -rather than the beauty of the body .One has started accepting a lot more than one did earlier without fuss However some  things havent changed –I love people who show warmth and are genuine and am indifferent to social and career climbers who value money more than birds ,animals and human beings .It has always been like that all my life .I respond the same way to triumphs and tragedies .I have my own insecurities.I have not been able to conquer some of them  .I know that  it is  God that drives me and not bosses and computers.I have deep faith in God .
I have played my innings and its been a enjoyable one .And from the applause that I get from all of you –I think its been a good one to watch as well .Keep clapping till I get back into the pavilion !!The applause is  the cherry on the cake !! Here are some lines which I have always identified with .Maybe some of you may like them as well .

“When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.

When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light.

When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.

When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway.

When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back.

When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some.

When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going.

When times are tough, dare to be tougher.

When love hurts you, dare to love again.

When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal.

When another is lost, dare to help them find the way.

When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand.

When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile.

When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too.

When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best.

Dare to be the best you can –

At all times, Dare to be!” 
 
Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

2 comments:

  1. Words have never been my friends but I would like to express myself. I would like to thank Sunil for introducing you. It was another client and hosting me was their responsibility. But hosting me at his own residence was a gesture. Making me feel part of the family was the greatness of the family. I would cherish all those memories throughout my life.
    It has been my privilege to know you all. It has always been a pleasure to read all that you write on FB and your Blog. You are a teacher to core. All that has been highly educating. Thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ashok Ji .Words like the above mean a lot to me because they come from a highly evolved person .When Sunil introduced me to you -i already knew about your reputation as one of the finest professionals in your field .And having worked with you for two productions my main aim was to learn from you and see what made you so perfect .You were never satisfied -and that was the key to your excellence .The brain was always looking at your own faults and how to master them .The mantra was -if you are satisfied ,you are a mediocre .If you are not satisfied -you are a top notcher .I learnt that from you and whatever little i have achieved ,part of it is from what i learnt observing you .I hope God will be kind to give me a opportunity to work alongside you and Sunil -that is one of my birthday wishes .God bless .And Thank You once again .

      Delete