I was on a routine flight from Delhi to Ahmedabad .I flew a
lot on that sector , either for official
work at the DPS Society ,or to meet my son at Delhi University ,or to meet
Sangeeta who was the Principal at the Himjyoti School in Dehradun .
Delhi Domestic Airport was crowded like a railway station
.Packed with people – most of their faces looking drained and greasy .Understandable –
it was Delhi weather at its worst – hot and humid .
The travelers were impatient to get their boarding passes ,which
would entitle them to enter the lounges where they could relax a bit – security
check ins suck your patience most of the
times .Being a experienced traveler ,I was carrying only hand baggage – it
helped me having not to wait at conveyor
belts at my destination .As I waited , I was
lookjn forward to reaching home
,having a shower , a nice cup of Lipton Darjeeling tea , and slip into my
airconditioned room .
The problem( sometimes a ego inflator !), of having been a Principal for 3 decades is
that there is someone or the other who will recognize you at a public place
.Thats one of the reasons that I dress up reasonably well – (tie intact !!)-
when I travel or go to a mall or the
movies . Everyone who smiles at me , appears to me to be either a student who I have taught ,or a
parent with whom I have interacted .Someone who smiles a lot is sometimes greeted with “Oh hello , how are
you doing”? This sometimes shocks people – and sometimes makes them happy !!. I
have noticed however ,that it has never hurt anyone .
As I waited – I caught the eye of a young man ahead of me in
the queue .He had been looking at me and giving me a smile .
I thought ,I had seen him somewhere . But I let it pass by
pretending to look at my ticket , and at the queue behind me .As he edged ahead
and moved forward he looked back
and waved at me . I waved back .Very soon we were next to each other – but on different
sides of the queue .( In airports ,people line up and sometimes queues take the
form of a “U”. So you come across each other on the two straight lines of the U
before you turn round the curve ).
“ Good evening ir”, he said rather enthusiastically .Enough
enthusiastically to make people turn their heads and look towards me .By now ,I was convinced that he
was a student whom I had taught .
“ Good evening”, I said .” How are you”,?
“ Fine thank You Sir. Do you recognize me” ? he asked
expectantly .
I have learnt not to lie .But there were so many people who were now part
of the conversation , that I thought it would be rude and arrogant for me to
say no .Besides ,my memory was reconnecting with him .Oh yes – he was a
terrific sprinter in school .I also knew that he was from Soma House .But for
the ife of me I could not recollect his name .But yes – I knew that below those
cotton trousers he wore – were a pair of very hairy legs !!
“ Of course ,I do” !! I said . “So you are going to
Ahmedabad ?” I enquired .
“ Yes I do” ,I , answered without thinking .He was now near the
counter . I knew that I had made the
cardinal mistake of telling a unnecessary lie .I was very uncomfortable – not
because I had lied ,but because what do I tell someone who thinks I remember
his name .
While he checked in , I phoned up a fellow Principal friend
of mine who was working in Panipat .
“ Vinoo – yaar ,what is the name of the boy ,we used to call
“ Harry”, because he had a lot of hair
on his legs?”.!!
Vinoo pondered – I could make that out in the pregnant silence
at his end of the phone.
“ Kulu , I will get back to you .Aur sab theek thaak hai”
“ Yes ,yes .Please get me his name fast .Treat it as a
emergency “ . I was panicking !! I was not interested in polite conversation .
I was cursing myself as to why I had lied .
I checked in .The boy was waiting for me .I did not want to meet him yet as I did not remember his
name .I pretended I was talking to someone else on my
cell ,as I shook his hands !
And then the worst happened .While I pretended to speak ,
the phone rang .We both looked at each other . He was too smart not to know
that I had been on a fake call .
The call was from Vinoo .He told me that the name
of the boy was Devinder (name changed ). I thanked him and rushed to Devinder
and gushed
“ How are you Devinder. Such a pleasure meeting you .Its
been ages”.
Devinder was over the moon that I remembered not only his
name ,but his House and the fact that he was hairy .
“ You are amazing Sir .You are phenomenal .And Sir you are
right about the hair . See.” He pulled up a bit of his trousers .And sure the
hair were still there .!!
I wonder though – what he must have thought of the phone call that I faked
while waiting to know his name ?
The bottom line – never lie .Its damn inconvenient .!! And
never never lie if you are ageing !! It
compounds the problem !
Masih Bingung Bossku Cari BO Poker Yang Aman & Terpercaya ???
ReplyDeleteIngin Kemenangan langsung dibayar secepat kilat , Tanpa Ribet ?
JACKPOT langsung dibayar secepat kilat
Ayo Langsung saja Yuk Gabung d website kami
Dengan Server IDNPLAY Situs Taruhan Judi poker RECOMMENDED Banget Nii Guys ^_^ !!!
Paling Aman & Terpercaya Di Indonesia
MEJAONLINE*.INFO (BINTANG NYA DI HAPUS ^_^ )
Daftar & Gabung Bersama Kami Sekarang Juga di MEJAONLINE
Dapatkan Promo Bonus Dari Kami :
1. BONUS DEPOSIT NEW MEMBER UP TO Rp. 50,000
2. BONUS ROLLINGAN 0.4 % SETIAP HARI SENIN
3. BONUS REFFERAL 20 % SETIAP HARI KAMIS
Tunggu apalagi boss? AYO DAFTARKAN DIRI ANDA SEKARANG !
Link Resmi :
MEJAONLINE*.INFO (BINTANG NYA DI HAPUS ^_^ )
^_^ DI TUNGGU KEHADIRANNYA ^_^
📲 WA : +85516798223
Poker Online Tercepat
Poker Online Terbaik
Ceme Online
Domino QQ
Poker Online Indonesia
Premium plots near by Selaqui industrial area are becoming a top choice for investors and homebuyers.
ReplyDeleteNice article. People looking to buy plot near ISBT Dehradun should definitely explore the options mentioned here.
ReplyDeletePre Leased Food Court for Sale in Gaur City
ReplyDeleteThis is a helpful resource for property buyers. Those looking for plots in Dehradun can explore available options and compare locations.
ReplyDelete